Concord National, a division of Concord National LLP, is a national broker in the Canadian food industry. We represent local and international clients who manufacture and innovative conventional and natural products for distribution across Canada. We are currently seeking an experienced Territory Manager for the South Shore of Montreal area to support the growth of our business.
If you love to achieve results and need to love what you do as well as the company you work for, this is the perfect opportunity for you!
As a Territory Manager you will be responsible for achieving/exceeding budgeted sales goals for the assigned territory. This is accomplished through effective communication, in-person appointments and constant follow-up with both existing and prospective customers. You are expected to work away from the office 60% of the time.
Our core values are:
- Manage the assigned retail territory, selling to natural health food, independent grocery accounts and key assigned accounts
- Develop annual business plans, manage trade spend requirements and ensure ROI guidelines are being met or exceeded
- Establish a regular call cycle to meet individual and company established objectives and targets
- Build solid working relationships with decision makers through demonstrated integrity, reliability and consistency
- Problem solve, and deliver solutions at the retail level and provide customized plans that meet the store and company objectives
- Responsible for weekly and monthly processing of administrative tasks including auditing, trade spends activities, new listings and promotional plans
- Accountable for all merchandising duties such as display builds, auditing, couponing, point of sale material etc.
- Negotiate and maximize in store presence and placement for new and existing products, shelf position and display opportunities
- Attend trade shows as required
- Prospect, explore and advise on new account opportunities
- Work with Automated Retail Sales Software Programs as required
- Develop an understanding of the industry and transfer this knowledge to the management of accounts reporting on competitive and industry news
- Be a Concord National ambassador, who exemplifies our culture in all internal and external communications and interactions.
Education and Experience
- Post-secondary studies in business, management or marketing OR an equivalent combination of experience and training within CPG
- 2 + years previous or related experience; experience in the CPG industry is strongly preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Growth oriented
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Highly organized
- Can work autonomously, as well as on a team
- Strong and proven selling skills
- Build and maintain effective relationships
- Enthusiastic and positive
- Comfortable working with computer software: Microsoft Word, Excel, Automated Retail Sales Programs
- Must be able to work within Canada, have access to a reliable, insured vehicle with a valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- Approximately 60% travel is required for this position.
- Alternate periods of standing and sitting in front of the computer
- Work in front of a screen (laptop, iPad) for extended period of times
Covid-19 Vaccination Policy
In order to ensure a safe and healthy work environment for all employees and collaborators, we ask that employees who come into the office show proof of vaccination or negative Covid-19 test result.
While we thank all applicants for their interest in Indigo Natural Products Management, only selected shortlisted candidates will be contacted. No phone calls please.