Concord National, a division of Concord National LLP, is a national broker in the Canadian food industry. We represent local and international clients who manufacture and innovative conventional and natural products for distribution across Canada. We are looking for enthusiastic and experienced merchandisers to support our retail operations and improve our store presence in the Montreal territory.
If you love to achieve results and need to love what you do as well as the company you work for, this is the perfect opportunity for you!
In this exciting and challenging role, you will ensure that the proper level of stock in the stores are maintained, and that the products that Concord National represents are displayed appropriately, with proper signage and favorable shelf placement. This includes setup, plan-o-gram execution, as well as the stocking, fronting, facing, and rotating product.
Our core values are:
- Negotiate and maximize in-store presence and placement for new and existing products, shelf position and display opportunities
- Store relines
- Perform audits on a regular basis; review with management, and resolve issues that may arise because of these audits
- Establish a regular call-cycle to meet individual and company established objectives and targets
- Build effective working relationships with in-sore decision makers through demonstrated product knowledge, integrity, reliability, and consistency
- Responsible for weekly and monthly processing of administrative tasks including auditing, and promotional plans
- Accountable for all merchandising duties such as couponing, point of sale material, etc.
- Comply with all Standard Operational Procedures, company policies and procedures
- Be a Concord National Ambassador, who exemplifies our culture in all internal and external communications and interactions
Education and Experience
- 2 years + previous or related merchandising experience
- High School or College Diploma is considered an asset
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Driver’s license in good standing with good driving record
- Basic computer skills (Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook etc.)
- Growth oriented
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Highly organized, with attention to detail
- Work autonomously, as well as, on a team
- Customer Service oriented
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Communicate effectively with multiple stakeholders
- Comfortable with picking up computer software: Automated Retail Sales Programs
- Frequent travel (80%) is required across assigned territory – No Overnight
- Ability to stand with varied movement for up to 5 hours at a time
- Work requires frequent standing, bending, stooping, and lifting
- Ability to lift up to 20 pounds
While we thank all applicants for their interest in Concord National, only selected shortlisted candidates will be contacted. No phone calls please.