Concord National, a division of Concord National LLP, is a national broker in the Canadian food industry. We represent local and international clients who manufacture and innovative conventional and natural products for distribution across Canada. We are currently seeking an experienced Territory Manager for the Edmonton area to support the growth of our business.
If you love to achieve results and need to love what you do as well as the company you work for, this is the perfect opportunity for you!
As a Territory Manager you will be responsible for achieving/exceeding budgeted sales goals for the assigned territory. This is accomplished through effective communication, in-person appointments and constant follow-up with both existing and prospective customers.
Our core values are:
- Manage the defined retail territory, selling to all assigned accounts
- Establish a regular call cycle to meet individual and company established objectives and targets
- Build solid working relationships with decision makers through demonstrated integrity, reliability, and consistency
- Accountable for all merchandising duties such as auditing, couponing, point of sale material etc.
- Negotiate and maximize in store presence and placement for new and existing products, shelf position and display opportunities
- Prospect, explore and advises on new account opportunities
- Work with Automated Retail Sales Software Programs as required
- Develop an understanding of the industry and transfer this knowledge to the management of accounts reporting on competitive and industry news
- Attend trade shows as required
- Comply with all Standing Operational Procedures and company policies and procedures
- Be a Concord National ambassador, who exemplifies our culture in all internal and external communications and interactions.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, management or marketing OR an equivalent combination of experience and training within CPG
- 2 + years previous or related experience. Experience in the CPG industry a strong asset.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Proficient computer skills (Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook etc.)
- Growth oriented
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Highly organized
- Can work autonomously, as well as on a team
- Amazing relationship building skills
- Strong and proven selling skills
- Build and maintain effective relationships
- Enthusiastic and positive
- Comfortable working with computer software: Automated Retail Sales Programs
- Must be able to work within Canada, have access to a reliable, insured vehicle with a valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- Approximately 85% in stores and 15% admin work
- Some overnight travel may be required (1-2 nights every 6-8 weeks)
- Ability to stand with varied movement for up to 5 hours at a time
- Work in front of a screen for long periods of time
- Ability to regularly lift up to 20 pounds,
Please email a cover letter and resume in single PDF document.
While we thank all applicants for their interest in Concord National, only selected shortlisted candidates will be contacted. No phone calls please.